Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 10 April 2015

Daring Cardmakers - Maths!

So today is the second of my guest design team spots over on Daring Cardmakers, and as always, I have been challenged! The dare today is using Math symbols - pie chart, Venn diagram, etc etc

Now Maths was always my weakest subject at school, and that was a long time ago now. On a daily basis for the whole of my life I have been very grateful that I have five digits on each hand, always handy when you are trying to look and act intelligent when doing something really complicated like working out a bill and tip in a restaurant (I told you I was rubbish, and I am!)

So, as this is, as far as I know the first time in my life that I have heard of a Venn diagram, let alone use one. here is my card for the dare, and yes, Google did come in handy......


  
So go HERE to see the rest of the team's take on the dare - and be sure to take a peek at Kathy's interpretation, which I think is totally genius, and play along with us

See you tomorrow x

11 comments:

  1. I am laughing, because I had to look up what a Venn Diagram was so that I could identify exactly what part of your card was complying with the challenge. Yes, I've seen a ga-zillion Venn Diagrams before, and I understand the purpose of them ... but I had no clue that was what they were called, or even that they had a name at all. You've illustrated it beautifully in this card Enfys .... and given me a lesson in math symbols in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy! I'm glad it's you who did that challenge as I wouldn't have a clue as to how to take on a challenge like that. Great job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryellen WebberFriday, April 10, 2015

    Who knew you could incorporate math into card making??? I have learned about Venn diagrams from my son who uses them for reading comprehension. I love the sentiment, a very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge! You did good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that heart is going to blossom into a baby! That's how we got our kids ; )

    Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh?? I think I've heard of Venn diagrams but it was a long time ago. Cute card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your education has educated me Enfys, what a challenge and you have come up trumps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your sweet card. I loVe it..
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, fab interpretation of the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliantly cool card - the colours of the Venn diagram are just fab :)

    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome take on the maths theme, I did not manage to think beyond the pie chart. (And I didn't know the word Venn diagram either - but then again, I'm probably excused...) Your card is perfect for a wedding and I love the colours, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x