Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 4 December 2014

From our house to yours....

 I recently made some christmas party invitations for a magazine commission, and one of them had a Memory Box snowy scene on it, when I was tidying my chaotic desk the other day I came across my 'prototype' snowy scene, all made up and ready to go, so perfect for a quick card.....


the snowy sky was done with frantage shabby white embossing powder...


and I am loving using silver sewing thread to tie delicate bows without adding bulk....


All is well here on the babysitting marathon. Max decided to make a Christmas movie last night, which involved a lot of moving a toy snowman and santa around the place and telling me what to do. We had to spend ages making a tripod for the camera out of empty loo rolls and lots of tape, apparently I don't know enough about the art of filming to hold the camera....




Milo goes on a 'play date' today - where did that phrase come from? When my kids were small we called it 'having the Jones boy round for tea after school'. I was telling him to be a good boy, and remember to say 'please' and 'thank you' to his friends mummy. 'But she won't tell you if I've been naughty' he replied. Hmmm, how does he know that? It has a ring of authenticity about it....

Colouring of images completed - zero. Number of Christmas cards written - none. What did I tell you? See you tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Great card Enfys!! I never see a card that says "From MY house to yours"
    Those Grandbabaies grow so fast....I would much rather spend time with them instead of making a card or two...bet you would also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Enfys - the thread bows do look pretty.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used the frontage stuff, but I really like the look of it. Will have to keep my open for it when I'm at the craft stores this weekend. Isn't it wonderful how honest our grandkids are?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you were struggling to make your videos - you didn't have the boys there to help you! Pretty card, love the frontage. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you have a future movie director in your family!!! Love the snowy scene Christmas invite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of the mouth of babes, LOL Your card is lovely, and you are having fun with the kids, so all is good. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! Glad you are having fun and making memories! Maybe you have a future producer in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you in the zero department. Sounds like a fun evening. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet little card! You got no cards done, but just think of the memories you've given them. And you too. Have fun with the boys. Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the silver thread, so delicate looking. The card is so sweet, very colorful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous Enfys and the tree looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card!! just maybe your grandson hear you speaking about your youtube filming lol....and he took matters into his own hands...grandchildren say the funniest things....great memory making..cards, coloring can be done at home where its quiet...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card & I love the photos. My children did the same when they were little, sadly all grown up now. Merry Christmas love Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x