Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Still stretching....

Well, I am having a lovely week playing with stamps - I have done a couple of these online card classes before - Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry is one, but I have never actually participated. I watched the videos, and got back to whatever deadline I was chasing at the time. So this is the first time that I have taken on board all the tips and hints and played, and how I am enjoying it!

So they have been demonstrating cards made with cute Mama Elephant stamps, now I just don't own anything like that. All my stamps seem to be quite large outline stamps for colouring. Then I remembered, I have a ton of those dollar stamps they sometimes have in Michaels, I used to collect them like crazy, not for the images, but for the sentiments.......

So I made a background using distress inks on watercolour paper, stamped the fish in black and heat embossed with clear embossing powder then coloured with Promarkers. The little bubbles were in the set. I'm really happy with the little notecard and need to take another look at all those little images....


The fish are coated with glossy accents, and each of the white embossed bubbles has a tiny drop of glossy accents too....I hope the little fish don't get tangled up in the black cotton I threaded along the card! 


I'm off to dig around for a graphic type stamp now, although I'm pretty sure I don't have any, but who knows what I will unearth when I start digging around. In my enthusiasm for all this, I totally forgot to draw a winner of the new Promarkers, I'll do it later and let you know tomorrow who won. See you then x

18 comments:

  1. This note card is so cute Enfys!!!

    And I was just getting ready to get rid all of my 100's of those little stamps. Maybe I will rethink that and just get rid of the doubles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny for a dollar how we buy and buy and don't use lol.....well its great you now use them and can encourage us to start using ours...I like that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fish card! I think I'll take another look at my dollar stamps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little card this is ... and it's made all the more special from your extra details (coloring, embossing, threads, etc.). Oddly enough, I never did collect much in the way of stamps. Since I generally only make one or two cards from any single design, I always felt them a bit pricey for the amount of use I would get out of them. However, I do have a good sized handful of the little dollar stamps. Like you, I generally purchased them for the sentiment or one of the tiny images. Isn't it amazing that a single sentiment or image on a regular rubber stamp can cost from a $3 or so, up to over $20 ... and yet these little dollar stamps would have have 2 or 3 images PLUS a sentiment? They are tiny, yes ... but even so, they often add a little extra personality to a project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Enfys,love the bubbles.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this card turned out really cute. I'm so loving this class. I actually finished my first card last night and will be posing it on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great notecard Enfys. I just love your little fish - they look so cute bobbing along.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would not have given them a second glance ~ you have changed my mind. Love the little goldfish ~ makes me think of that song ~ and he swam and he swam right over the dam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ingenious Enfys, what a lovely design! I don't have any of these little stamps so obviously I NEED a holiday in Florida so that I can pop to Michael's and Jo-anne's. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute note card! Gotta love those dollar stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you need to index your stamps ;) Major task I presume????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maryellen WebberTuesday, August 12, 2014

    Love this fishy card, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card, I'm a stamp hoarder, not too bothered if I don't use them straight away just need to have them...think I have an illness.angxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute. I need a little fish stamp like that. All my men are fishermen so I could make a lot of use of one of those. I'll have to be on the lookout at michaels. Since one has opened close to me. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge. Hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Enfys. Love the background and the little fish.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x